Mac & cheese
Makes 9 x 13 pan
½ stick Butter
½ Cup Flour
2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Dry Mustard
½ tsp Pepper
5 Cups Milk
4 Cups Shredded Cheddar
1 lb dried elbow macaroni- then cook per instructions on box.
1. Melt butter in large saucepan.
2. Stir in flour, salt, mustard, and pepper until smooth
3. Remove from heat and gradually stir in milk until smooth
4. Stirring constantly, cook over medium heat until thickened (about 10 mins)
5. Remove from heat
6. Stir in 3 cups shredded cheese until melted.
7. Combine cheese mixture with macaroni in greased 9 x 13 pan.
8. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
9. Bake at 375 for 25 mins until lightly brown.
Makes 12 servings.
Put in 9x13 pans, cover and freeze.
Thaw before baking or else it is hard to get the middle heated before the top gets too done.